SKIN BEAUTIFUL MD Science
Our customers are mothers, daughters and grandmothers who understand the latest science in skincare.
The advancement in skin science has been real and quantifiable in the last 2 decades. Just like a new car is superior to a 20 year old car, skincare is the same way. Here is all the science in one place. Read on >>
Are you someone who has "sensitive" skin? Especially on your face and eyes? As someone who has been dealing with this, I have 3 specific tips. Especially for those of us who are moms and/or grandmothers.
1) Anti-aging products in particular are designed for maximum impact. 20% Vitamin C Serum, and strong Retinol formulas. These work, and are among the most recommended products by dermatologists. But for many, they irritate the skin for many days after use. Many people don't like that or want to do that.
This is a common problem. The solution is to understand that are a lot of new and very effective ingredients out that to help all layers of your skin renew, rebuild and refresh. These ingredients also work together to accomplish the same goals as the harsh serums, but without the unpleasant side effects.
For example, if you combine lower doses of Vitamins A, C and E, with newer peptides and new plant extracts you can experience zero irritation when you put it on your face. And the results can actually be better, long term. It's a shift in philosophy. We all want firmer skin that looks shiny and new. There's a lot out there that can help the most sensitive skin.
Over the years I've done a lot of work on TV. I never had time to "let my face heal". Now, thanks to zoom and facetime, we are all on TV!! Lol.
So I've always been looking for interesting tricks and tips. We built Skin Beautiful MD around this idea of sharing what I have learned and making some products that are easy to use and buy. And work.
==>>Our newest product is a new "Retinol for the most sensitive skin." The quick science is that it tells the genes in your skin to produce new skin more quickly. But it does this without the burn and irritation. It also adds some modern ideas taken from Integrative Medicine. For example, we add CoQ10 which helps to product more ATP and Mitochondria in your cells. (Helps the skin become shiny and new!)
The only downside to this modern approach to skin care is that there is a lot to learn. Even the MD's we work with learn new things from us to use for their patients! Join our email list for information overload.
2) A diet tip is to find a plan that helps balance out your hormones. This is a big problem that throws "curveballs" at many of us. As someone who has written a major diet book, the last thing I want to do is debate nutrition or diet. It's subjective. Full carnivore diet might work for one person, full plant-based might work for another. For me, the work of Dr. Joel Fuhrman is something I keep coming back to. His focus is on micronutrient dense plants, berries and beans. I usually add a little meat an fish, but for me, this works. Key words "for me." But you want to definitely keep the sugar, alcohol etc in check so the hormones don't freak out.
3) Exercise. I hate the gym. I always have, which is why I spent so much time on my diet. (If you want to see my diet book, google me, tons of stuff will show up.) But as I have gotten older I'm doing 2 things that help the skin. (I'll show you the science that proves this.)
The first is more walking. I walk at least 3 miles a day. Walking regulates CORTISOL which is a primary hormone and a stress hormone. Cortisol is the ENEMY of collagen and elastin.
Second is more intense exercise. I don't go to the gym. I turn on my Power Plate. It's a machine that you step on and turn on. It sends out vibrations that activate your muscles 1200 times every 30 seconds. This intense series of "energy" is so powerful that it forces your muscles and bones to produce new growth hormone, collagen, and helps regulate cortisol to a crazy degree.
I became such a big fan of the Power Plate that I now help run the company as their Chief Commercial Officer. (look me up on LinkedIN if you want to learn more about my work in this area.)
Questions? please reply to ANY of our emails. I have so many interesting conversations with people and get inspired each time. This post about hormones and sensitive skin came from a question from a new customer.
Several months ago we sent out a note asking if you would like a "retinol serum that does not burn."
The answer was an overwhelming yes. Today we are launching Retinoid RenewX, which provides all the powerful benefits of Retinol but without the common negative side effects.
Use the TRY code at checkout to save 50% during this pre-order campaign.
This product is designed for those of you who already love the Skin Beautiful MD line. It is also designed for people who use and love Retinol but don't love the side effects.
It can be used daily, and everywhere on the body.
Skin Beautiful MD takes a modern approach to skin renewal. There are new active ingredients which renew the skin by "feeding" it powerful nutrients. This means one no longer needs to aggressively "strip away" the skin with serums that burn or procedures that are costly and invasive.
==>> Retinoids are a group of chemical compounds related to Vitamin A. They are the #1 dermatologist recommend ingredients because of their unique ability to heal, renew, exfoliate the skin. They are highly effective at wrinkle reduction as well. The problem has been that Retinol has the tendency to burn the skin. This formula solves that problem in a very unique way.
Retinoid RenewX is a new serum from Skin Beautiful MD that helps to effectively renew the upper layer of the skin without burning. It accomplishes this by using Bakuchiol which is a powerful plant extract that is new to the skin care world.
We combine this with a light amount of Retinol that is well tolerated. These two ingredients work very well together. When you combine this serum with our peptide rich creams, you have a "full skin care stack" of ingredients. Both the upper and lower layers if your skin get addressed.
Exposure to the sun at a young age helps to speed up the creation of deep lines around the eyes. They often appear when we smile. For many, this is the first place that wrinkles appear.
Our skin ages as we get older. But sun in particular helps to "activate" enzymes that deplete the collagen in your skin. This is is why the wrinkles appear around the eyes. The sun has "zapped" them. The solution is to fight fire with fire. You want to tell your skin to build more collagen.
Intense exercise and certain foods will help. Certain ingredients that are used in in high performing skin care products can also help a great deal. For example, extract from Orange Peels developed in Spain has been proven to increase the amount of collagen produced in the skin by around 200%.
Think about collagen as a "battle" between forces designed to break it down and build it up. Sun, age and diet all work to break it down. Ingredients like this help to build it up. These are "peptides" which means they are very tiny proteins. They absorb into your skin quickly and get to work.
People in our community have been using this for several years. Read some verified 5 start reviews here. (Verified means a 3rd party makes sure these reviews are from people who have purchased from our website)
There are 4 main things that a high quality face cream needs to accomplish. What's interesting is that there are many proven ingredients developed around the world which help accomplish these goals.
Most people don't know that the ingredients a) exist, b) have gotten better over the years and c) work together to help create formulas that work. And don't break the bank.
1) Renew the skin. At a high level, you want a face cream to have ingredients which increase the ability of the skin to repair itself. A high quality formula will help boost cell production and ATP production by 40-80 percent.
2) Hydrate and protect the skin. A good cream will have ingredients which help to rebuild the ability of the skin to stay hydrated. It is one thing to add moisture to the skin from the outside. It is another thing entirely to help the skin retain moisture and also be able to transport moisture from deep in the skin up to the top layer. There are patented ingredients (not Hyaluronic acid) which help to accomplish this.
3) Smooth the skin. A high quality face cream will also help to smooth the skin very quickly and improve appearance. There are a series of ingredients (peptides) which work in a similar manner that Botox does. But these new ingredients do it gently, and without dangerous toxins that can cause permanent nerve damage.
4) Firm the skin. We all want firmer looking skin, and this is possible using ingredients that have been proven to increase the most important types (plural) of collagen in our skin. There are ingredients, used in every high quality face cream, which increase collagen production by 80-300% within 15 days of use.
Our Skin Beautiful MD Night/Day Cream accomplishes each of these 4 goals and is the #2 most re-ordered product by our customers. Try it, you'll love it!